Over the past 4 years, we’ve worked alongside design and real estate professionals. The common thread that negatively impacts each one is bad information.
And because of this, we’re design and building spaces over budget, past their due dates, and at lower qualities.
By bad, we mean: inaccurate, incomplete, or non-existent.
By information, we mean 3D/2D information that allow us to verify that dimensions of a space—things like floor plans and models
But we also mean the 1’s and 0’s like spatial dimensions of a space, or the quantity of equipment—also is important—the data.
Our Solution: Getting good information.
Accurate, comprehensive, and accessible. With a special emphasis on getting.
Sounds easy—but till recently—the technical, operational, and business models haven’t aligned.
Today, we believe we have a solution that:
- Speeds up the scan-to-BIM process by 5X,
- Cuts typical existing conditions costs by more than half
- Delivers a standardized model
Our goal: set out to solve for the root challenges of accuracy, comprehensiveness, and accessibility.
We want acquisitions and leasing teams to be looking at accurate square footage data—for their leases.We want architects to use accurate, existing conditions plans so they can re-design spaces faster and more cost effectively.We want facilities and operations teams to be able to have an accurate asset to accurately quantify and take inventory of what they own—spaces and equipment.
There are more existing buildings in the world than websites.
Currently, there are around 1.18 billion websites in the World. Homes alone account for an estimated 2.3 billion structures, worldwide. So, we’re going to be at this for a while.From homes, to hospitals, hotels, offices, data centers, warehouses, schools, retail, and more—it’s a tall order.
And yet, regardless of the building type—we’re challenged with similar things.
- For one: how do I capture accurate information from my physical asset—to understand dimensions?
- Second: how do I visualize this digital asset—to understand the space and quantities?
For the past few decades, two different but complimentary technologies have stepped in to help address this challenge
First is reality capture—
From Photogrammetry-based devices that help produce virtual tours and point clouds.To Lidar devices—using laser sensors to produce ultra-accurate point clouds.
As this technology has evolved and become more cost effective—now anyone can scan their own home, office, hotel, etc.This evolution has meant it’s easier to capture accurate information information in the form of a point cloud.
Second is BIM— building information modelling.
This has helped us visualize our spaces.We’ve come a long way from stone-carvings, to paper, to 2D, 3D and beyond.
When combined, these technologies help us better verify and visualize the accuracy of an existing space or building.
What does this mean for designers, owners, and real estate professionals?
One of our early BIMIT users said it best:
“Recreating existing conditions is not a value-add task for a designer or why a client would hire us but it is a necessary step to get to the design exploration process of designing within existing space. We want tools that help us maximize the project time we are given to focus on the design opportunities.”
We’re big believers that in order to best answer “what should be”—we need to get good at answering “what is.”
And BIMIT is attempting to do just that.
But.. What is BIMIT?
BIMIT is a service that allows you to drag-and-drop your registered point cloud and order a building information model (BIM)
- In hours, not weeks or months.
- At fixed, low rates
- All in one file: Architecture, Furniture, Mep; & Floorplans (CAD)
- For inventory
- LOD 200
By integrating BIMIT into your 3D scanning workflow, we’re taking the first step to help:
- Speed up your process
- Make the budgets and turnaround times more predictable
- Help you get accurate plans/models for your design development drawings
- Or simply onboard your house onto the metaverse
At scale, what this means—
- Now owners can have an accurate depiction of their portfolio—being able to compare apples-to-apples
- Architects can now scan-to-BIM almost any space.
- Data scientists can now study the 1’s and 0’s being created within these models
- Metaverse owners can now re-create their home in Sandbox, Decentraland and other platforms.
Get your existing condition models faster and more cost effectively
Create your BIM Today